Portable storage units offer a different kind of convenience for our DIY (do-it-yourself) needs. For instance, they are ideal to use during renovation and remodeling projects, including commercial or residential relocations. If we are planning to hire a moving company to transport our items or thinking about renting a portable storage unit, we must need to consider some factors.
Below are some of the advantages of going for moving storage containers instead of hiring a moving truck company:
- Driving can always be done by someone else. Even for experienced drivers, it’s difficult to drive large moving trucks than cars or passenger trucks due to their size and length. Since it’s not easy to turn, back-up, and park these trucks, we may become stressed along the way. What’s good about renting portable moving containers is that, it makes the scheduling of pick-ups and deliveries much easier. In addition, our belongings will arrive safe and sound to the point of destination – all thanks to the professional drivers provided by moving container companies to handle the trip.
- During DIY moves, loading and unloading cargoes are much safer if we go for renting a portable storage container. It’s because such container sits at ground level, which is ideal for transporting items to avoid breakage.
- We can load and unload items with ease. Several moving container companies allow us to rent storage units for a specific period of time so that we can have more time to load and unload all our items. This is not possible when we rent moving trucks. Extra time and the leisure of loading and unloading every item should also be considered when we compare the cost of renting moving trucks versus portable storage rentals.
- We already know the cost of the move if we rent a portable storage container. If we go for moving truck rentals, we need to pay for fuel, insurance and tolls (if there are any). We can also incur additional charges for the mileage spent and might need to consider towing the truck if we don’t have a driver for it.
Before renting portable storage units, here are some of the tips that we can consider:
- If we go for professional packers who do the packing, unpacking as well as the loading and unloading of items, look for companies that offer them in the package and request for the total quote. Most companies offer full service from packing to unloading including the storage services and renovation projects for both local and international moves.
- Consider the weight limit and size of the container when comparing prices and services. If we are only looking for the right price, then we are missing the advantage of getting a much better cost of having a container with much better space.
- Have an idea of the actual amount of space needed before calling a moving container company. Some companies offer space calculators online to help us determine if we need an additional portable storage container or not. Once we decided to get additional units, the company will deliver them but it’s essential to plan ahead so that we can stretch our budget and look for an extra space where we can store all the units.
- If we don’t prefer storing the containers onsite, we can ask the company if they can provide warehouse services apart from the rental and transportation package.
Parking the portable storage units
We can ask the moving company to deliver the units to our home or office at an agreed time and date. Before the scheduled delivery, look for a room or space where we can store the containers.
Take note that most units are designed to fit in driveways but if we want to park one on the side of the street, we must get a permission from the local city if it’s legal to do it.
Renting a portable storage container is just a few clicks away. By searching sites like http://www.moveablecontainer.com, moving and unloading items from one place to another is getting much easier.
If you are searching for storage container then you can contact us at moveablecontainer